Thursday, September 16, 2010

Confession is good for the soul/ heart ... etc


I learned a valuable truth about myself last week. It was while Desirée and I were driving back from Prince Rupert, and were talking about life and ministry. She asked me "do you believe you've done what God has been telling you to do?"------ I wasn't sure.----- Now, yes, I believe in many ways I've been seeking God in what to do in this season of ministry, however there was this moment of honesty when I realized: I'm at times more motivated to do something because someone wants to see it done, because if I do it I may look better as a pastor, because ultimately I am tempted to be more interested in what people think of me than what God thinks of me. So I had to tell her "I don't know ...." However, I am resolved once again to seeking God's "well done" more than any person that I may be tempted to try and please! How about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home