Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Reflections from "The Last Battle"

I just finished reading all of the Chronicles of Narnia. It was a fantastic read, from both a story point of view, but also from a theological/ allegory point of view also.

At the very end of the "The Last Battle" all the main characters are in "heaven". Also there is one of the foreigners who didn't care for Aslan/ Jesus, and spent his entire life serving the god Tash, who is the opposite of Aslan, so I guess would equal Satan. When this character recounts why he's there, he says it's because that Aslan told him that everything good he ever did, even though it was for Tash, was actually for Aslan even if he didn't realize it at the time. I guess the idea is that, any good we ever do, no matter who we say we're doing it for, is actually being done for God. Any evil done, no matter in who's name, is done for Satan.

The other thought, is that you will find whatever you are really searching for. So this character, eventhough he thought he was seeking Tash, was actually seeking Aslan, since he never "found" Tash. I'm not sure I've totally got my mind around that idea yet lol. I'll provide some quotes later on, maybe that'll help.

What do you think? Does this line of thinking present any problems?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home