Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I'm outta prison!!!

Okay, maybe I better explain that title!! I've had an ongoing saga with Revenue Canada. I received a letter from them in March explaining that I would not be getting my GST cheque for April because I had be incarcerated in a prison or a similiar institution!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like, umm... last time I checked I'm pretty sure I've never been in prison! So I called one their agents, pleaded my case, and he said that he'd try to sort it out.

Fast forward a couple of months. I receive another letter from Revenue Canada, they say that I need to contact Corrections Canada and prove to Revenue Canada that I have never been in prison! I think that's kinda weird, I have to PROVE to them that I'm a law abiding citzen... but if that's what I had to do ....sigh. So I went down the RCMP, got a Criminal Records check, yep just like I thought ... I'm not a criminal. So I sent that away to the Surrey Tax Centre.

Finally today I received a call that they are striking from my record that I have ever been in prison, and will be sending me my GST cheques. Whew, good news! It reminds me of Lord of the Rings when Treebeard tells the hobbits that the Ents have been talking all morning and have finally decided .... "you are not Orcs". lol Well, if nothing else it makes for an interesting story, and I will no longer hear ask church members, "so... you out of prison yet?" :)

3 Comments:

At 5:15 p.m., Blogger jeremy postal said...

Ha!! That is so funny! Why does all the good stories hapen to everyone else?! lol Good stuff!

 
At 7:26 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:54 p.m., Blogger 文章 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home