Friday, March 23, 2007

It was bound to happen eventually


My beautiful new (to me) Gretsch Country Classic broke a string last night. Those strings were great while they lasted, but now they're only a memory .... okay seriously this guitar has been a huge blessing to me! My friend Dan sold it to me, and everytime I play it I am astounded that such a quality guitar has come into my hands!

Myself and the Amplify band played at UBO Okanagan last night for Nexus (an on campus Christian ministry). It was a really great night! The room we played in was one of the larger, and perhaps nicer, classrooms. Setting up around the massive podium was a bit of a trick, but we made it work! It always a bit of challenge playing in front of new people, most of whom you don't know, but I think we all joined together well to lift our voices in praise to God. I did unfortunatly break a string, but thankfully it didn't happen until the last "bridge" on the very last song we did, so disaster was advoided there!

Afterwards we enjoyed the Subway subs that Matt Duffy provided for us, hanging out in a furniture-less lounge, making sure no one stole the instruments from our vehicles!

1 Comments:

At 5:41 p.m., Blogger elliott5inbc said...

Sounds like the end of an era......

Oh the joy of musical intruments that need replacement parts...that's why I play the piano...you can't drag that around with you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home