Friday, April 20, 2007

Blast from the past

Can you imagine me being a metal-head? Well I was. Back in highschool I was following Christian Metal bands quite closely. I think I was mostly influenced by my good friend Jeremy, and by some of the older teens from the Terrace youth group that I looked up to. Well, I came across this video from a band called Delieverance, and boy did it bring back memories! I used to work on that rhythm guitar part all the time! In fact, I remember playing a Christian metal song at my high school talent show ... by myself! Just me and my dad's electric guitar. If I saw someone do that now, I'd think they were pretty strange, but back then.. I guess I didn't really care lol!

6 Comments:

At 12:24 a.m., Blogger RevTrevK said...

Jesse I love this video. Deliverance was a band I totally listened to and bought their CD.

Stryper is better...better vocals and sound.

God bless all the old school Christian music...heck we might put it in a book one day and sing out of them...hey we should call it Hymns of Rock.

 
At 3:57 p.m., Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Nice find, Jesse! I loved Deliverance. They had great riffs and ear blasting solo's! Good Christian stuff.

Jeremy was a crazy dude. But he had such a diverse musical taste. I remember him liking Morbid Angel immensely, and I didn't get that band.

"Can't smell a thing" , baby! That was fun times!

Your love for music was something I really admired about you, Jesse. You have great skills!

 
At 6:45 p.m., Blogger Jesse said...

Thanks Sean! Jeremy was into some interesting music that's for sure! I never really got Morbid Angel. But I guess to each his own eh.

I can't smell a thing, can you?

 
At 11:21 p.m., Blogger AlexHoover said...

LOL... speaking of oldies Jesse.. you once gave me a tape of the Swirling Eddies LOL... that was pretty crazy (wierd) stuff!

 
At 7:26 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:56 p.m., Blogger 文章 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home